At Students For Liberty we are excited to announce that we will be hosting seven Regional Conferences this year. Building on the success of our famous International Conference and last year's Regional Conferences, we are taking the liberty message on the road to campuses across the country. These conferences, co-sponsored by the Don Smith Family Foundation, will allow us to reach new minds and swell the ranks of the student movement for liberty.
Each Regional Conference will feature expert speakers, three meals, and an evening social event. Last year's keynote speakers included Foundation for Economic Education President Lawrence W. Reed, Harvard University Professor Jeffrey Miron, and Cato Institute Senior Fellow Tom Palmer. This is not an opportunity you or your friends should miss!
To promote and organize these conferences we have launched a new website: www.politicalconferences.org. This site will act as your center of information for all news and updates related to the Regional Conferences. The site also features this video, which will give you a better idea of what the conferences are about and can help you advertise to other students. Click the link below if the video does not display correctly in your email.
Here is a full list of the upcoming Regional Conferences:
- Midwestern Conference - October 10 - University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Southern Conference - October 24 - Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- Western Conference - October 24 - Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Texas Conference - October 24 - University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Northeastern Conference - November 7 - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Mid-Atlantic Conference - November 7 - Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Ivy League Alliance For Liberty Conference - January 2010 - Columbia University, New York, NY
Registration forms for the conferences will be available shortly. Until then, we need your help to spread the word about these conferences. Hear is a list of ways that you can help:
- Forward this email to your friends and group members.
- Click here to RSVP for the events on Facebook.
- Post links to the website and video on your favorite liberty blogs, message boards, and Facebook pages.
- If you want to get involved in helping plan a conference, contact your Regional Director. Their contact information is listed on the page of their respective conference.
Again, we cannot make the Regional Conferences a success without your help. If you have any questions please visit the new website www.politicalconferences.org or email email@example.com.